In this post, we are going to take you through the step-by-step process when applying for a passport in Kenya on E-Citizen.
We will also advise on the documents required when applying for a passport.
How to Apply/Renew for a Passport in Kenya on E-Citizen
MINUTE 30 minutes
Register/Log into your E-citizen account
Click on Director of immigration services
Passport Application Category
This application process is for adults above 18 years
Application for an adult above 18 years without dual citizenship
Choose the type of passport either ordinary or diplomatic
Type of application
Choose the type of application among the five i.e First time, replacement of previous passport, change of passport particulars, mutilated passport, or lost passport.
Fill in Applicant Application Detail
Fill in the details requested for from the names,height, location of birth, residential details, parents details, and next of kin
Fill In The detail Of The Person Recommending The Application
Upload recent size passport, your signature, copy of I.D front and back, recommenders passport
Choose Payment of Payment
You can choose to pay with Mpesa, Card,Airtel money, Eazzy pay, T-cash or E- Agent
Book Appointment for Submission of Required Documents
Passport Application Summary
- Log on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Fill the online application form
- Choose the mode of payment and pay the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- The application form together with required documents to be submitted in person at the Immigration offices.( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
Documents Required For Passport Applications
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
How much is passport Renewal in Kenya
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206
How long does it take to get a passport?
It takes at least 10 working days to get your first passport upon submission of the documents at the immigration office.
The other types of passport application takes at least 5 working days
What Are The Requirements During Passport Submission
Applicants MUST appear in person for Biometric Enrolment
An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices
Original birth certificate and one photocopy
Original National ID Card and one photocopy
Three current passport size photos
One photocopy of recommender’s ID card
Old passport for replacement plus photocopies of its last three pages
Photocopies of parents’ National ID cards (if available) or Death Certificates (if deceased)
For a lost Passport, a sworn affidavit, a police abstract and an explanation letter are required
For a mutilated Passport, an explanation letter is required to explain the circumstances of the mutilation