It’s important to check your CRB status as this helps you as a consumer to know your credit standing whether it’s favourable or not. Financial institution institutions such as banks, Saccos, and mobile lenders use the credit report to determine your ability to pay back loans.
A good credit standing will help you negotiate favorable terms when applying for a loan. This article will show you how to check CRB status on the phone.
What Is CRB ?
CBB in full means credit reference bureau (CRB). These are institutions licensed and regulated by the Central Bank Of Kenya (CBK) to store your credit information.
How CRB Gets your Credit Status
When you sign up for a loan facility one of the terms and conditions is that you permit the lender to share your credit payment information with the CRB.
The three Licence Credit Reference Bureau in Kenya Include.
- TransUnion (CRB Africa)
- Metropol Corporation
Ways On How To Check CRB status on Phone when using Metropal
- Pay Ksh.50 through PayBill Number 220388
- You will use your ID number as Account Number
- A confirmation message will be sent to your phone .It contains unique code details, a Reference Number, and a particular link.
- Dial *433# After registration,
- Input your Identification Number.
- you will receive an SMS with your CRB Details
MetroPol (CRB) Customer Credit Report
Ways On How To Check CRB status on Phone when using TransUnion
To check your CRB status on TransUnion:
- Register by sending your full names to 21272. The SMS cost sh. 19. Alternatively you can download the TransUnion Nipashe app from the google play store
- Enter your ID number`
- Choose Credit Status
- You will receive your CRB status. A default status report means you are blacklisted while a good status report shows that you have a good rating standing.
Trans Union (CRB) Customer Credit Report
Checking CRB status on CreditInfo
To check your status on CreditInfo, you will need to fill out their request form online.
Credit info also offers 1st Credit Report in 12 months for Free. Additional requests within 12 months – Kshs.350. Online applications costs Ksh 50 Verification fee
What Are The Details In a Credit Report From CRB ?
|Your name, address, ID number, date of birth and employment information are used to identify you.
|Loans that you have taken and still repaying without any default history. It impacts positively on your credit score.
|Performing Account with a default history
|A loan that you defaulted and later repaid/ you are still paying.
Although updated as cleared or closed, the default information will remain in the credit bureau for 5 years from the date of final settlement.
|Non Performing Account
|A loan that you have defaulted (90 days) and is still outstanding.It impacts negatively on your credit score.
|Shows which lenders have checked on you and when you applied for a loan/credit.
|Credit Bureau score
|It is 3 digit number (at the top right hand of your report) that lenders use to evaluate your probability as a borrower to repay a debt or loan if granted. The higher the score the better
You have to borrow to get a credit score. Always check your credit score before you borrow.