Are you encountering audio crackling issues while using Disney Plus? There are several possible reasons for the audio crackling, such as slow internet speed, incompatible HDCP versions, outdated cables, or even corrupt app files.
In this detailed article, we will address these issues and provide step-by-step instructions to help you resolve the audio crackling problem on Disney Plus. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined here, you can enjoy uninterrupted and high-quality audio while streaming your favorite content on Disney Plus.
Why is my Disney Plus sound glitching?
- low internet speed or poor Wi-Fi signal strength:
A slow internet connection or weak Wi-Fi signal can lead to audio quality issues. Insufficient bandwidth may cause the audio to crackle or lag. To resolve this, start by testing your internet connection speed using an online speed test tool. Disney Plus recommends a minimum of 5 Mbps for HD content and 25 Mbps for 4K content. If your internet speed falls below these recommendations, consider the following steps:
- Restart your router to restore the speed.
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to troubleshoot any network issues.
- Switch to a wired connection using an Ethernet cable to ensure a stable and faster connection.
- Streaming content in higher resolution:
Attempting to stream content in a higher resolution than what your network bandwidth can handle may result in audio crackling. To address this:
- Adjust the video quality settings within the Disney Plus app. Choose a lower resolution, such as HD or SD, to reduce the strain on your network and ensure smooth audio playback.
- Incompatibility with HDCP version 2.2 or higher:
Disney Plus requires a compatible High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) version, preferably 2.2 or higher. If your streaming device, TV, or audio-video receiver (AVR) does not support this version, it can cause audio glitches. Here’s what you can do:
- Power cycle your setup by turning off the receiver, TV, and streaming device. Disconnect and reconnect all HDMI cables after waiting for 10-30 seconds. This process helps re-establish the HDCP handshake and may resolve the audio crackling issue.
- Update your setup by replacing outdated HDMI cables with newer ones that support HDCP 2.2 or above.
- Corrupt Disney Plus app system or installation files:
Sometimes, the Disney Plus app itself can be the source of audio crackling issues. To address this:
- Uninstall the Disney Plus app from your streaming device.
- Reinstall the latest version of the app from the official app store or Disney Plus website.
- Outdated AVR or HDMI cables:
Using outdated audio-video receivers or HDMI cables can interfere with the proper transmission of audio signals. Consider the following:
- Upgrade your AVR to a newer model that is HDCP 2.2 compliant.
- Replace old HDMI cables with premium certified cables labeled as HDCP 2.2 or above.
- Contact Disney Plus customer support:
If none of the above steps resolve the audio crackling issue, reach out to Disney Plus customer support. Their dedicated team can provide additional guidance and escalate the problem if necessary.
Conclusion: Audio crackling issues on Disney Plus can be frustrating, but with the right troubleshooting steps, they can be resolved. By following the comprehensive solutions outlined in this guide, you can improve your audio quality and enjoy uninterrupted streaming on Disney Plus. Remember to test your internet speed, adjust video quality settings, ensure HDCP compatibility, and update your equipment as needed. Happy streaming!