To pay for Netflix via M-Pesa in Kenya, you can use the M-Pesa GlobalPay service to generate a virtual VISA card and link it to your M-Pesa wallet. Here are the steps to activate and use M-Pesa GlobalPay to pay for Netflix:
Step 1: Activate M-Pesa GlobalPay Virtual Visa Card
- Dial *334# on your phone.
- Select “Lipa na M-PESA” (Option 6).
- Choose “GlobalPay” (Option 5).
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN.
- You will receive a 16-digit card number and card expiry date (mm/yy) via SMS.
Step 2: Paying for Netflix with M-Pesa GlobalPay Virtual Visa Card
- Log in to your Netflix account and select a Netflix plan.
- Proceed to the payment method page.
- Choose the option “Credit or Debit Card.”
- Enter your first name and last name as registered on M-Pesa.
- Enter the 16-digit virtual VISA card number.
- Input the expiry month and year (e.g., 05/25 for May 2025).
- Enter the CVV generated (if 30 minutes have not passed since generating the CVV, you can generate a new one as shown in the activation steps).
- Select the Agree checkbox and complete the transaction.